Thoreau Excellence In Action Summer 2020
Excellence In Action Summer Program for 2020 has been canceled.
Unfortunately with the announcement that FCPS school buildings will remain closed during the month of July, Thoreau is going to have to cancel our summer Excellence In Action program for both sessions. You are receiving this email because you have registered on line for the enrollment for your student. Many of you have already paid either through My School Buck, or with a check or cash. In order to process your refund, please complete the following form (https://forms.gle/n1f4uKP4koazYWMb7) no later than June 12. Refunds may take a minimum of 30 days to be processed and received during this time. We hope to provide other transition support options for our Rising 7th Grade Eagles in the future.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email me. Thank you and stay safe.
Thoreau is pleased to once again offer its Excellence in Action summer camp program to rising 7th graders. This week-long program is designed by our own staff members to provide students with the essential background knowledge and skills that will help them have a successful transition to middle school.
Two sessions will be offered this summer. Please register for only one session.
Session 1: July 13th - 17th, 2020, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, at Thoreau.
Session 2: July 27th - July 31st, 2020, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, at Thoreau.
- How to Register: Fill out this Excellence in Action Google Form.
- Cost: The cost of the program is $80. This payment will cover the instructional expenses plus lunch for your student and a Thoreau t-shirt. Payment can be made through the FCPS online payment site, "My School Bucks" https://www.myschoolbucks.com in the "School Store" section of your child's elementary school site. If you are new to FCPS account you may pay by check. Please make checks payable to Thoreau Middle School and send by mail to the school or drop off the check in the front office.
- Transportation: Parents will need to arrange transportation to and from Thoreau. Carpooling, walking, or biking is highly encouraged. There will be a shuttle bus from Mosby Woods Elementary and Madison H.S. The bus will pick up students at Mosby Woods around 8:10 am and then at Madison HS (Door 11 the main Gym entrance) around 8:25am. It will depart for Thoreau at 8:35am. The bus will pick up your child from Thoreau at 12pm. They will arrive back at Madison between 12:10-12:25 and Mosby Woods around 12:30.
- Attendance: Students are expected to attend all five days of the program. Partial enrollment or payments are not accepted.
- You will receive a confirmation email within three weeks once your registration and payment are processed. In addition, a more detailed email will be sent one week prior to the session start date.
Space for the program is limited so please register by June 12th!
If you have any questions regarding Thoreau’s EIA summer program, please contact Ted Loht, EIA program director, at @email.
Click here for an informational pamphlet.