Excellence In Action Summer Program for Rising 7th Graders
- Click here to register online.
Thoreau is pleased to once again offer its Excellence in Action summer camp program to rising 7th graders. This week-long program is designed by our own staff members to provide students with the essential background knowledge and skills that will help them have a successful transition to middle school.
Two sessions will be offered this summer. Please register for only one session.
Session 1: July 16 - 20, 2018, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, at Thoreau.
Session 2: July 30 - August 3, 2018, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, at Thoreau.
- How to Register: Visit the Thoreau website and fill out the Excellence in Action Google Form.
- Cost: The cost of the program is $80. This payment will cover the instructional expenses plus lunch for your student and a Thoreau t-shirt. Payment must be made by check or cash. Please make check payable to “Thoreau Middle School” and send to the front office c/o EIA program. You can also drop of the payment anytime from 9am-2pm in the front office.
- Transportation: Parents will need to arrange transportation to and from Thoreau. Carpooling, walking, or biking is highly encouraged. There will be a shuttle bus offered from Mosby Woods Elementary and Madison HS. Please email Mr. Loht if you would like to reserve a spot in this shuttle bus. It will leave Mosby Woods around 8:15 and Madison HS around 8:45am and arrive back at Madison around 12:15 pm and Mosby Woods around 12:30.
- Attendance: Students are encouraged to attend all five days of the program. Partial enrollment or payments are not accepted.
- You will receive a confirmation email within three weeks once your registration and payment are processed. In addition, a more detailed email will be sent one week prior to the session start date.
If you have any questions regarding Thoreau’s EIA summer program, please contact Ted Loht, EIA program director, at email@example.com.
Click here for an informational pamphlet.
Rising 8th Grade Student Orientation What: This program is designed to get our new rising Thoreau 8th graders familiar with Thoreau and its culture. Activities planned include a tour and scavenger hunt of the school, team building activities to get to know other new 8th graders, and an introduction to various clubs and activities that we have here at Thoreau. Each student will also receive a Thoreau tee-shirt.
When: Thursday July, 19th. 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Where: Thoreau MS
Please click this link to register your student.
Please note: This program does not replace the New Student Orientation on Thursday, August 23rd where students will receive their class schedule and meet their teachers for the 2018-2019 school year.