Excellence In Action Summer Program for Rising 7th Graders
- Click here to register online.
- Click here to pay in My School Bucks. Please remember to look in the "School Store".
Thoreau is pleased to once again offer its Excellence in Action summer camp program to rising 7th graders. This week-long program is designed by our own staff members to provide students with the essential background knowledge and skills that will help them have a successful transition to middle school.
Two sessions will be offered this summer. Please register for only one session.
Session 1: July 16 - 20, 2018, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, at Thoreau.
Session 2: July 30 - August 3, 2018, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, at Thoreau.
- How to Register: Visit the Thoreau website and fill out the Excellence in Action Google Form.
- Cost: The cost of the program is $80. This payment will cover the instructional expenses plus lunch for your student and a Thoreau t-shirt. Payment can be made through the FCPS online payment site, "My School Bucks" https://www.myschoolbucks.com in the "School Store" section of your child's elementary school site. If your child did not attend a FCPS elementary school then a check made payable to “Thoreau Middle School” can be sent to the front office c/o EIA program.
- Transportation: Parents will need to arrange transportation to and from Thoreau. Carpooling, walking, or biking is highly encouraged. There will be a shuttle bus offered from Madison HS. Please email Mr. Loht if you would like to reserve a spot in this shuttle bus. It will leave Madison HS around 8:45am and arrive back at Madison around 12:15 pm.
- Attendance: Students are expected to attend all five days of the program. Partial enrollment or payments are not accepted.
- You will receive a confirmation email within three weeks once your registration and payment are processed. In addition, a more detailed email will be sent one week prior to the session start date.
Space for the program is limited so please register by June 8th!
If you have any questions regarding Thoreau’s EIA summer program, please contact Ted Loht, EIA program director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for an informational pamphlet.